SmartStart Remote Starters
What is Directed SmartStart?
Now you can remote start, lock and unlock your car just by pushing a button on your smartphone; using the Directed SmartStart App from Directed, the leader in vehicle security and remote start. The simple graphical interface gives you control over the following features of your installed Directed remote start or security with remote start system:
- Lock / Arm
- Unlock / Disarm
- Remote Car Starter
- Trunk Release
- Aux Channels
You can also control multiple vehicles – great for families! – and assign more than one user to control a vehicle. It’s easy with SmartStart!
But, this is only the beginning! Directed SmartStart is loaded with additional features including GPS tracking, SmartSchedule, vehicle status, roadside assistance, home control, parked car finder and more.
3.0 enables a “Cloud-Connected Car” like never before, providing an entirely new level of 2-way interaction with your vehicle. Connectivity is managed through the Directed Cloud Services (DCS) network linking car, app, end user, and the Internet.
What’s new in Directed SmartStart 3.0?
Introducing the Cloud-Connected Car with features like:
- Part weatherman, part mind reader.
- Vehicle Status
- Know when your vehicle is running, armed, locked and more.
- Auxiliary Channels
- Customize your SmartStart experience. Control windows and more.
- Bluetooth Technology
- New, low-cost solution for controlling your car with your smartphone.
- Power User Mode
- Get to the Directed SmartStart home screen even faster.
- Vehicle Diagnostics*
- Know the health of your car from the cloud. DTC codes, right on your smartphone. (* for some vehicles)
- D2D Functionality
- Giving installers new easy install options and innovative features.
What are the requirements for Directed SmartStart?
- A compatible iOS, Android or BlackBerry device.
- The Directed SmartStart app – downloaded to your device.
- A complete Directed SmartStart system, or a Directed SmartStart module added to a compatible Directed remote start or security with remote start system.
- A Directed SmartStart service plan.
- iOS: iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch.
- Android: SDK 1.6 or newer.
- BlackBerry: OS 4.5 to 6. A beta app for OS 7 is available here.
- SmartStart GPS is not available on BlackBerry devices at this time.